Question of the Week: How can I combine two weeks of the season together when one of them is a short week?
Answer: Commissioners can to remove match-ups for the the short week so that it’s a “bye week” of sorts for the league, and if desired, the scores for the short week can be combined with the full week in head-to-head leagues.
Here are the steps to take to make the short week a bye week (best followed on a desktop computer):
- First, go to Settings > Edit Regular Season Schedule
- Select Custom
- Choose the week you want to make a bye week in the date selector drop-down
- Drag and drop each team from the left Match-ups column to the Not Playing box on the right
- When the left column is completely empty, click Save at the bottom
To combine the scoring for both weeks in head-to-head leagues, here are the steps the commish needs to take:
- Set the short week to a bye week following the steps above
- Have the owners set their lineups for both weeks
- Take each team’s final scores from the short week (these will show up in the Top Scores column that appears on the Scores page) and manually add them to the final scores for the long week using League > Settings > Edit Past Box Score
This way, the win/loss record will be contingent on the whole time period using the blended scores and not just the one week.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional assistance.