Question of the Week: Is it possible to nix the short week and/or combine weeks on Fleaflicker given the all-star games?
Answer: In daily sports (MLB, NBA, and NHL), a short week may be combined with the next week only at the start or end of a season. (From the Owner’s Manual)
As a workaround, Commissioners can to remove match-ups for the week of the All-Star festivities altogether, so that it’s a “bye week” of sorts for the league. No fantasy games happen in your league that week, so no owners can be affected negatively.
Here are the precise steps to take (best followed on a desktop computer):
- First, go to Settings > Edit Regular Season Schedule
- Select Custom
- Choose the week you want to make a bye week in the date selector drop-down
- Drag and drop each team from the left Match-ups column to the Not Playing box on the right
- When the left column is completely empty, click Save at the bottom
The other option would be to combine the weeks, which can also be achieved manually. In order to do that, here are the steps the commish would need to take:
- Keep the match-ups for the first week but set the second week to a bye week (see steps above)
- Have the owners still set their players for the second week
- Take each team’s final scores from the second week (these will show up in the Top Scores column that appears on the Scores page in the left column of the desktop view) and add them to the final scores for the first week using League Settings > Edit Past Box Score, so the win/loss in contingent on the whole time period using the blended scores and not just the one week
In the future, we plan to put something in place to handle this better automatically for commissioners.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you need additional assistance.